VIPRE Anti Virus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by shoe, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheIgster

TheIgster Registered Member

It's just a tray icon guys. Get over yourself. Maybe go get a hobby or something.

2. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

really? i think wer old enuff to get away from the personal insults. its just my opinion, if u want to be taken seriously, uve got to have a professional appearance cuz ur not gunna get any sales if u dont.

3. TheIgster

TheIgster Registered Member

I do just fine thank you.

I think the whole tray icon thing is pretty silly.

4. dcrowe0050

dcrowe0050 Registered Member

Its not to silly to me. You got to look at it everyday so why not choose something that you think looks nice. its no different than changing a skin.

5. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Registered Member

Yes I have Vipre running and I love it. I feel its a really great product, especially for being so new. The whole concept of Vipre is unique and the overhead on the system is the lowest you will find.

I would also like to some some testing on it too, but regardless of that I can tell you it found two trojans on my system which was running NIS 2009 and norton never found them. They weren't false positives either because one was a dns changer type and I examined the traces. Anyway the point is that no matter what product you choose, there is no one that will find everything or provide 100% protection. There are so many good products out there but personally I feel Sunbelt's strategy with Vipre is not only excellent as it breaks away from the conventional approaches by combining AV and AS in a single MODERN engine. But it is designed not to be heavy on resources. I feel it will be very big in the not too distant future as it matures and more people get to expereince it for themselves.

If your interested in truly see what Vipre can do then why not try out the free trial?

6. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I can honestly say that, as a beta tester of Sunbelt Vipre, it has improved a lot from where it first it started. I should know, because I have tested from the beginning, and all the way to the current version. :)

P.S. I signed on at the (old) Sunbelt beta forums in 2005, but not under 'Tarnak'. So, you can try and guess under what name....:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.