Vexira?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by karll, Nov 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karll

karll Guest

I currently use Vexira, ditched F-prot becuase of a couple things I didn't like about it.

I know in most test Vexira rates somewhere between 60 and 75 percent, which isn't too great becuase some free av's rate higher than that but so far it's been pretty good on my computer with no problems at all.

It caught a backdoor program that dl'ed but couldn't delete it so I had to use Bitdefender free to move it to a special folder.

I know Vexira is in development for better heuristics, how do you guys rate it?

Should I stick with it or go with some like Nav corp?

2. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

switch if you can get a good deal. otherwise any free realtime AV like AVG/Avast should do the job if you keep Bitdefender7 free(which has same detection database as Pro version) ... Just keep them updated daily/weekly.
    An anti-trojan like ewido would be nice. ewido free doesn't have the premium realtime scanning, but again uses same database for on demand scans.
    At least that's the config. that many students (who won't pay $$ bucks per software per year) in Universities use.

3. Technical

Technical Registered Member

avast Home and Pro versions has the same detection rate on-demand. While in background (on-access) avast Pro can detect more into archive files (packed like zip, arg...).
    You can set avast to be only an on-demmand scanner (not resident) but BitDefender and AntiVir (free versions) will be easier to use in this condition of a second scanner.

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Isn't Vexira just a paid version of AntiVir PE or have things changed?

5. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Vex uses the AV-PE engine. Therefore, it has good heuristics, developed by none other than *Gladiator Michael*.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.