Very bad AVG problem

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by cheater87, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Windows updated while I was running a scan and the scan messed up and would not go away. Even if I pressed cnt, alt del and tried to end it it would not go away. I logged off and then back on and the thing was still there as a white box. I quickly held down the power button on the laptop when everything was done loading up and it shut down. I logged back in and it was gone. Has this happened to anyone else?

2. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

JMO, but I recommend that you change your Windows Update option to just download the updates and then notify you to initiate the installation. There are just too many possibilities of conflicts with the automatic download/install option for Windows Updates, particularly if you do more on your system than surf>read/write emails>type documents>etc. I like to disable my AV and turn off programs such as RegDefend and ProcessGuard before starting the actual installation of updates such as Windows Hotfixes. Considering the fact that MS usually issues hotfixes only on "hotfix Tuesday", I feel it is best to totally control the environment in which these are installed. Again, JMO. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.