Verify image using recue console

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mildewman, Sep 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mildewman

Mildewman Guest

Using TI8 - not latest build - don't want to update build if that is not the problem

When I verify the image through windows, it is fine, but when I do it through the rescue console, it reads the first cd, says to put in the socnd volume, but after volume 2, it show an error message "Error opening file... could be poor media" (or something similar).

I tried this THREE TIMES (created new disks - long process) and get the same result. (image verifies fine in Windows, but not when using rescue console) Is there something about the rescue console that does that? I seem to remember reading somewhere, that it just needs the next volume (clicking retry) and all is fine. Is that correct?

2. Mildewman

Mildewman Guest

And.. if I do need to update to latest build, do I need to uninstall old build (791) first, or can I install over old one? What do you recommend?

3. Mildewman

Mildewman Guest

Okay.. I upped to build 937 (I think - whatever was recommended as the most recent build...)

I still get an error message, but added to it, under where it says a possible cause may be poor media, it does say "...or Volume XX may be on another disk."

So. I guess that answers the question.... But.. if anyone has comments about this, let me know.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mildewman,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

Please copy all the files from all discs to one folder on your hard drive and then try to verify the image by means of the Check Image tool both from under Windows and when booted from Bootable Rescue CD. Inform me about the results.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.