v4 Still Doesn't Support Firefox & K-Meleon With Router Access

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4 Beta Forum' started by DasFox, Dec 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

I have learned that when using Firefox and the K-Meleon browsers trying to access the firmware on the Linksys BEFSX41 router, when the HTTP Checking is enabled by default you can't gain access to the firmware, you will always run into the browser telling you it failed to negotiate a connection.

All I can say is if NOD32 is giving a problem with one router, I wonder how many more there might be.

I have tested this for a few months on v3 and not been able to fix the issue and submitted a bug report to ESET, so far it has not been fixed in v4. :(

It would be great if ESET can figure out this problem with the HTTP Checking, I wouldn't be surprised if it effects other routers too, the HTTP Checking.

THANKS

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Works fine here using an ancient BESFR11 linksys router with no problems on both browsers. Maybe it's a router specific problem.

3. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Works fine here as well with netgear router WGR614NA

4. DooGie

DooGie Registered Member

I had a similar problem with a Netgear DG834GT. I couldn't access certain pages of the routers web based interface using Firefox but with IE7 it worked fine.

In NOD32 I found that in setup under Web access protection / Web browsers / Active mode, Firefox was set to active. I set it to passive and Firefox worked fine with my router.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.