v3.3 Memory Protection

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by tonyjl, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonyjl

tonyjl Registered Member

Hi peeps,how is everyone?

I have a prob with v3.3 (latest beta),i installed it the day it was released,and not a single prob or glitch,it was running like it was final release. :D Untill about two days ago :'( My laptop started to freeze during bootup,i will logon as usual,the desktop,taskbar etc show up,i then get two icons in my systray (out of seven),then it suddenly freezes,it stays like that for about 5-6 mins,then suddenly come back to life.
    I disabled my startups apps one at a time and tracked it down to PG. It shows nothing blocked in the logs,i haven't changed any settings,i'm still using pghash/pguard.dat from v2.8-2.9 (last one before v3.0),i changed back to auto startup instead of system,went through the global protection options,and if i disable memory access protection,everythings fine.
    So went through the log list of apps that were allowed to start and gave them memory access one at time,no luck,tried a few other bits & bobs (as you do),and aventually decided to put it learning mode.
    With memory protection enabled PLUS learning mode it still freezes. o_O o_O
    I haven't changed anything (PG or PC wise),haven't installed/uninstalled anything. So i've decided to try a reinstall,but thought i'd ask here first incase anyone has any ideas.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Tony, My first thoughts are that yo have a corrupt pghash or dat files.
    When you uninstall completely rename your currentt files and let PG learn, if that works you could then try swapping the files back to prove whether it is corruption or not.

HTH Pilli

3. tonyjl

tonyjl Registered Member

Thanks Pilli,i'll give that a go.

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

BTW I forgot to If you do decide to try your old files, please remeber to do so in Safe Mode as you will not be able to do it with the PG driver running.

Pilli

5. FirePost

FirePost Registered Member

When 3.3b was announced Gavin stated pretty clearly that one can not use the old files. Or did I misread this?

6. tonyjl

tonyjl Registered Member

Thanks Pilli,that worked :)

Firepost - Yes i did see that,but i thought i'd give a go anyway,after all,we are beta testing,might aswell test everything ;) Anyway,it seems as though it's only the pguard.dat you can't transfer in this version,if that is the reason for my corruption.

Thanks again guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.