V-Com System Suite Antivirus, Good?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by hummer017, Jan 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hummer017

hummer017 Registered Member

I recently stumbled upon V-Com's System Suite 5 and love all the various utilities it comes with. It even comes with a built in Antivirus Scanner called AutoFile Scanner that "scans files on your system in the background when they are accessed." Does anyone know the quality of this antivirus scanner? And how does it compare to other scanners and real time protectors? It looks as if it might be Trend Micro's scanner in disguise as the virus file updates had a Trend Micro title in the log.

2. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Loved the utilities, hated the security features. Do not know about the "quality". Just me I guess. Now I am refering to my System Suite 4, do not know about 5. I believe 4 was Trend Micro. ;)

3. FanJ

FanJ Guest

;)

Yep, it uses the Trend AV :
    http://www.v-com.com/virusinfo/index.php3

LOL Mercurie, I still have SystemSuite 3 installed ;)
    I don't use that old AV anymore, and don't have any part of System Suite 3 resident. But I do use sometimes some of its other utilities like its reg-cleaner feature for example.
    And of course I DO use Powerdesk Pro, one of my most loved and used programs.
    System Suite 5 comes with PowerDesk 5.
    V Com has PowerDesk also as a separate Program; at the moment PowerDesk Pro 6.
    I have a separate licence for PowerDesk Pro 5 (that is the version I'm using).

Cheers, Jan.

4. mercurie

I hear great things about PowerDesk, I have it but do not have it loaded. Another one of those grreat deals I came across...at Staples $14.99 in shopping cart...making room for the number 5, that was why it was marked down.

Good speaking with you again FanJ ;) :D

5. Jbmoar

Jbmoar Registered Member

Hello Users Of System Suite,I Am A User Of System Suite Since Version 3.0 ... I Have V-Com's System Suite 5.0.4 ... Is Quite A Change Since Version 3 ,Especially the virus Scanner,Much more powerful, everything is much better, The registry Fixer Is better also but Between version 4 and 5 not too much of A Change ...But I Hear that this month or next Month;System Suite 6 Will be released ..has anyone heard a more closer estimate when system suite 6 will be released? I Think they are pushed back A Bit since they we're bought out by: http://www.bvrp.com - V-Com's Press Release Link; http://www.v-com.com/news/news_ar48.html

Thanks

6. mercurie

Creature Webam...
    o_O I did not know about this buy out. I am always concerned about buy outs and the future of the aquired product. :'( X-Zone Alarm user.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.