Utorrent

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Delgado, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Climenole

Climenole Look 'n' Stop Expert

Hi AgentSmith :)

An idea ("stupid" ? :rolleyes: )

you may start 2 instances of LNS (not from the service), one for each network adapter...

In option tab choose startup from system and select one adapter.
    Same things for the other one...

This is "experimental" :eek:

Hope this help...

:doubt:

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

No it is not possible to monitor two network interfaces with one instance of Look 'n' Stop.
    Usually you have only one adapter connected to internet with only one valid address IP.
    If you absolutely want to monitor 2 interfaces, you can start 2 instances of Look 'n' Stop. Very few users are using that. Each instance has its own options, you need to be in manual mode for the network interface (to avoid 2 instances working on the same interface) and only the 1st instance has the application filtering enable (this is normal).

Yes, Look 'n' Stop doesn't switch back to the previous interface if the current address IP is a valid one. Look 'n' Stop detects automatically the adapter only when the IP of the current interface is not correct (0.0.0.0 or in the exclusion list).

Frederic

3. agentsmith

agentsmith Registered Member

Thanks, guys.

Through some Google searching, I found a program called NicSwitch, which is supposed to monitor your connections and automatically disable the wireless connection when the wired connection is active, and vice versa. I haven't tried it out yet, but I'll let you all know how well it works.

That would solve the issue of having to either manually enable/disable adapters or run two instances of LnS. But since my router won't allow two IP addresses set up for port forwarding to the same port, I still can't go from wired to wireless automatically while using uTorrent. I'll have to set up two rules on my router, with a different port number for each IP, and then manually change the port number in uTorrent... that would be alot easier than manually changing the router.

4. agentsmith

agentsmith Registered Member

Oh wait, assuming NicSwitch is reliable for automatically switching the adapters, I should be able to set them both up with the same static IP address, right? Then the whole thing would work perfectly.

I'll try it out and let you know, cause I'm sure I'm not the only one with a wireless-enabled laptop around here.

5. sharketor

sharketor Registered Member

6. chaosblade

chaosblade Registered Member

From the quick translations i can make out, It seems ok. For DHT, Simply Choose "TCP And UDP" in the protocol drop-down list.

7. sharketor

sharketor Registered Member

Last edited: Oct 2, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.