Utorrent: Unable to map UPnP port

Discussion in 'Other Ghost Security Software' started by xliiv, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xliiv

xliiv Registered Member

Does anyone know how deal with it? :rolleyes:

i use utorrent, it writes this message ('unable to map UPnP port') when GhostWall isn't: 'allow all'

firstly i wanted to add a rule (according to GW's statistics, i mean 'find blocked PID of utorrent, then add rule with its date :cool: )
    but now i know it's little stupid and first of all it dosen't work :D

2. Hermescomputers

Hermescomputers Registered Member

First you need to Disable "Random Ports" in uttorrent

Attached Files:

3. Hermescomputers

Then configure Ghostwall with the appropriate static rule so it alllows traffic through..

Attached Files:

4. xliiv

xliiv Registered Member

I've done it as you wrote, but still show message 'unable to map UPnp port'. :'(

when i switch to 'allow all' in Ghostwall then utorrent shows me in logger this kind of stuff:
    Code:
    UPnP: Discovered new device: http://192.168.0.1:2869/upnphost/udhisapi.dll?control=uuid:d4a74391-952f-4613-a191-472cc5d4e87f+urn:upnp-org:serviceId:WANIPConn1

UPnP: Mapped port 1700 -> 192.168.0.2:1700'

:doubt:

any suggestions?

5. Hermescomputers

This is because you are behind a hardware firewall of some sort. Probably built into your DSL/Cable Router.

You need to open the same port on your router.
    Also you may need to enable UPNP on your router if you wish to automate the task or disable it from uTorrent. I would rather config it manually since it gives you better control.

Note: Most late model DSL modems are also routers with a built in firewall. Depending on how you make the request to connect it enables or disables the firewall. If you are using a software connect manager from your pc it is probably disabled but if you programed the "modem" to connect by itself then the built in Firewall would be enabled by default.

Most Routers themselves have the firewall enabled by default.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.