Using TI Server to move image to new hardware

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by normajeanmonster, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. normajeanmonster

normajeanmonster Registered Member

Is there a definitive step by step guide on doing this? I have seen the little blurb on the Acronis website about using sysprep with the -mini. If there is a guide on it; I'd be happy to pretty it up and repost it.

I have an old HP DL380 and a new Dell 1650.

The hp has been heavily customized (it is a Citrix server running a sql based accounting package) by a third party software engineer.

I have all my OS software and my reg'd copy of the latest build of TI server 8.

Sorry if this is a duplicated thread.

Rich

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello normajeanmonster,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

Here is the basic scheme of transferring the operating system to a different hardware:

- Prepare your Windows for transferring using Microsoft System Preparation Tool (sysprep) as it is described in this FAQ article;

By the way, you can find the link to the appropriate Microsoft Knowledge Base article there;

- Create an image of the prepared Windows;

- Restore this image to the desired location;

You can also clone your hard drive instead of using a disk imaging approach;

- Try to boot as usual;

- If it does not boot then please do the following (depending of the operating system you use):

- Boot the computer from Windows 95/98/ME Startup Disk and run "fdisk /mbr" command;

- Boot the computer from Windows 2000/XP Installation CD and run "fixmbr" command in Recovery Console;

- In case it still does not boot, perform Windows Repair Installation as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please be aware that we do not guarantee the successful transferring of your operating system to a different hardware. Actually, no one can guarantee this.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.