Using SpywareBlaster with Windows Defender

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Sprayall, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sprayall

Sprayall Registered Member

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post here. I've searched through a lot of the SpywareBlaster forum looking for info regarding Windows Defender settings when SpywareBlaster is being run on the same system. Is it okay to have real-time protection enabled in Defender? Should Defender be disabled completely? I am just recovering from a bad virus and need to be sure that these "new to me" security programs aren't conflicting with each other (SypwareBlaster, Windows Defender, avast free AV, Malwarebyte's AM, Comodo FW, WinPatrol).

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

2. ky331

ky331 Registered Member

SpywareBlaster --- which offers passive protection --- should not interfere with any programs (Anti-virus, anti-malware, firewall) that run actively in real-time.

in particular, I use all your mentioned programs [SypwareBlaster, Windows Defender, avast free AV 5, Malwarebyte's AM (free version), Comodo FW 2.4, WinPatrol PLUS] on XP SP3 without any conflicts.

3. Sprayall

Sprayall Registered Member

Right on. Sounds good to me. Thanks. Anyone out there with different opinions?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.