Using NOD with encrypted datastreams

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Wardy, Aug 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wardy

Wardy Registered Member

Hi,

I've been a lurker on this forum since I switched to NOD32 9 months or so ago and have learnt a lot in the period since.

However I have a question that I don't think has been covered........

How does NOD interact with software that encrypts your datastream over the web, for example I have recently moved to somewhere that isn't served by broadband so I'm using the communities radio/wifi solution and have been using Steganos Internet Anonym VPN on a trial to encrypt all of my data traffic as the network is totally open.

I assume that NOD would be unable to detect anything via Imon at all and would only be able to react via Amon once the incoming data had been un-encrypted on my machine. Is this correct? and if so have I slightly weakened my vrius protection as a trade against my privacy?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards

Paul

2. ms64o

ms64o Registered Member

Hi Paul,
    Steganos Internet Anonym VPN implements a Virtual Network Interface which is interagted in the system like any other Network Interface. The TCP traffic is tunneled by encrypted UDP-Packets. For NOD it is a usual TCP data stream which should be handled as any other TCP traffic.
    ms64o

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , it is

I don't think so .

You are welcome! :thumb:

4. Wardy

Wardy Registered Member

Thanks for the replies Gents, it's very much appreciated.

Regards

Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.