Using Bootable Rescue Media from a bootable USB stick?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gpell, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gpell

gpell Registered Member

I work for an OEM and use Acronis True Image on a regular basis from booting from a rescue cd to allow us to restore images across a network. Now sometimes we build a lot of systems without CD Roms and Floppy Drives to be used as basic terminals.

Currently i use a USB stick to boot off into a DOS environment so i can run tools such as fdisk and memory testing software. This all works fine as these programs can run under a DOS environment, but i know Acronis works differently.

I was just wondering if there is any other way i can run the bootable rescue media software from my usb stick.. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Regards

Greg

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, gpell

Just did a quick seach for "bootable USB stick" found ten threads.

Pulled this one for you to start with :- Boot from USB Stick

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Greg,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We regret to inform you that current version of Acronis True Image does not officially support flash drives as bootable rescue media. However, usually it is possible to create Acronis bootable flash drive but it is not guaranteed. Please download free trial version of Acronis True Image from our site and create Acronis Bootable Media on your flash drive. If it works with the trial version it will work with the full as well.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.