Using Acronis BootCD With Undetected Network Drivers

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by CanadaIT, Aug 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CanadaIT

CanadaIT Registered Member

Hello all,

We are running new Dell PowerEdge 1950 and 2950 servers with the NetXtreme II cards, acronis 9.1 with unviersal restore does not pickup these drivers when booting using the rescue cd (created with version 9.1) to image and store on a network share. How might we go about adding these drivers to the cd so that we can image and restore across the network with these servers?

Thanks

2. CanadaIT

Any assistance would be appreciated. We would love to continue being able to utilize Acronis for our imaging needs but are limited to USB connection as the network drivers are not detected on the poweredge 2950's through Acronis BootCD and were unsure how to add them to the bootcd image.

Thank you.

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Adding drivers to the boot CD image yourself is not an option AFAIK. You should open an official trouble-ticket with Acronis so they can provide you with a workable image.

Your other option is to make a BartPE disk which uses the Windows drivers. The TI plug-in for BartPE is included in your TI distribution file. I can't recall exactly but you have to do a custom or something like it installation to have the files put on your disk.

4. RockyCore

RockyCore Registered Member

I was going to suggest the same thing, create a BartPE disk for now.

When you do a Complete Installation of the software onto your server, a directory will be created also called BartPE, with all the files inside that you can add to a bartpe disk. If you don't see this in your Acronis directory, go back and reinstall checking Complete installation box and you'll get it.

5. CanadaIT

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the info. I will look into taking this approach for the time being.

6. CanadaIT

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to make a quick post back to say I got everything working using Acronis through BartPE. Had to copy the network drives for the NetXtreme to the Network folder in BartPE as well as the PERC/5i scsi driver to the scsi folder, everything works well.

7. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

That's great news, glad you got it going.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.