user.dat

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by zuri, May 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zuri

zuri Registered Member

Hi,

I would like to ask, whether there is any software or tools that I can use to decrypt and edit my user.dat on network system that would not crash the system.

please help.

thanks

2. mr X

mr X Guest

Hello

User.dat is a file that stores some information saved in registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER. You can't modify it for current loged users, becouse this file is "in use". But you still can edit an unactive profiles.

I think there's no such kind of software, but you can try some thin like that:

1. Create a new profile (login), for example 'Zibi2'. It'll create a new folder in 'c:\Documsnts and settings' called Zibi2. In each profilefolder there's ntuser.dat. If you already have the file you want to edit just put it anyware and remember the path.

2. Start->run->cmd.exe

In console write:

reg load HKLM\Zibi2 "c:\Documents and Settings\Zibi2\NTUSER.DAT"
    This will load information stored in this file to the registry key HKLM\Zibi2.

Run the regedit.exe and open the key HKLM\Zibi2. Now you can modify all what you want.

3. To save the changes write in console:
    reg save HKLM\Zibi2 c:\ntuser.dat

It'll save the new file witch changes.

I hope it will help you

P.S. Sorry for my poor english...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.