Used Try and Decide - windows won't startup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Joeythedude, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joeythedude

Joeythedude Registered Member

Hi

I have an XP SP2 machine , with the 9709 version of ATI Home 2009.
    I have a 1 Hard drive partitioned into a C drive with 245 GB and an E drive with 5 GB
    I created a Acronis Secure Zone on the C drive with 5GB.
    Created SZ fine.

I then turned try and decide on , created a text file and turned try and decide off, discarding changes.
    PC rebooted and then windows would not start , PC stopped working completely.

I don't have the motherboard that causes the try and decide issues.

Any ideas as to why this happened or how to prevent it happening again ?

Anyone with T&D working who have a similar setup ?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Joeythedude,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

To troubleshoot the issue we need several files. Could you please let us know your e-mail address via PM? I will create a case, it is more convenient to communicate via e-mail.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. jehosophat

jehosophat Registered Member

Same thing happened to me last year. I was glad that I had done a full backup before I started..

I had to do a full restore. Acronis did not respond for 2 months and they never answered the question why the problem happened.

I tried it for a 2nd and final time and it worked. I then after trying it decided that this feature was not worth using.

I now just do a full backup try out any software and if I dont like it I just do a full restore. I found that doing this was quicker than messing about with T&D.

T&D is just unnecessary bloatware and adds risk and complications that I can live without. Others might have had better experiences.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Joeythedude,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image Home 2009

If the issue still persists boot computer in safe mode and choose Last Good known Configuration. The computer should boot successfully.

To overcome the issue try to recreate Acronis Secure Zone on your E drive then activate Acronis Try and Decide and see if the issue persists.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

5. sadievan

sadievan Registered Member

jehosophat,

Are you saying that you do a separate full backup, not an incrimental one? If so, do you just select full backup and put it in a new folder? I am new to TI and trying to figure all this out. Just got a new computer with Vista 64. Was running XP on my old computer. I'm afraid some of my programs may give problems in Vista 64.

Thanks,
    Carol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.