Use Recovery Drive on Multiple Computers?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by davidzz, Oct 22, 2016.

1. davidzz

davidzz Registered Member

I just implemented Paragon Backup & Recovery 14 Free on my Windows 7 desktop and made a recovery flash drive. Now I want to backup my Windows 10 laptop using PB&R 14. Do I need to make another recovery flash drive for my laptop? Or can I use the Windows 7 recovery flash drive on any Windows computer?

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

It may work, depending on your hardware and on how you built the flash drive (did you add USB 3.0 drivers? did you build a WinPE or a WinRE UFD?). You could just try.

It would be better to work the other way around. Build a WinPE UFD with Windows 10, it should work in a Win 7 computer.

I think Paragon "14" series programs are not the best choice. I would use HDM 15 or other "15" program, or Macrium Free.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  3. davidzz

Thanks, Robin. I'll just create an additional/separate recovery drive for my Win 10 laptop.

What's wrong with Paragon 14?

4. Robin A.

I had a lot of problems with the HDM 14 interface. Some wizards would open and some not. The affected wizards were different in each installation (this didn´t affect the operation of the basic engines, when I was able to reach them). Also, I think HDM 15 is more compatible with Windows 10. Nowadays I only use HDM 15 for occasional partition work.

5. davidzz

Thanks again, Robin.

I've already made my backup files with PB&R 14 and everything went smoothly. I haven't tried to do a restore yet, but if I have problems, I presume that I can download 15 and use it because the backup file format is the same. Is that a correct assumption?

6. Robin A.

Yes, the formats used by both versions are the same.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.