USB Mouse/Keyboard doesn't work after recovery of sysprep'd XP.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MikeUF, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeUF

MikeUF Registered Member

Let me see if I can some up the sitiuation. I made a "perfect machine" on a Dell Optiplex 745 with TI with UR, with all software installed. I sysprep'd this machine and was able to restore it to many other Optiplex 745's. I tried to image it to an Optiplex GX280. Everything seemed to be working fine when windows did its mini install. Unfortunately it seems as though, the USB Keyboard/Mouse do not work after windows starts to boot. There is no PS2 port on this machine so I cannot try that.

On a side note. I know you can add drivers with UR. The chipset for the GX280 which controls USB is distributed by dell within an EXE, not a .INF. Anyone have any ideas?? I am totally stuck.

Thanks in advance!!

o_O o_O

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Would something like Driver Magician pull the driver from the GX280 in the correct form for UR to install it?

3. MikeUF

MikeUF Registered Member

Wow, driver magician is awesome.. thanks. Im going to try to make a new image with the drivers I gather from a few different dell models.

So If I make my new image on a GX280, which is a P4, I can clone it onto a GX745 with a Core Duo with Universal Restore?? How does TI change the HAL?

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

You got me there ... I've never had to deal with HAL as an issue. Glad the Driver Magician worked for you. But I don't think you can use the Clone feature if you are going to put the drive in a different machine. You have to use Backup (make an image) then Recover (restore) with the UR feature and have the drivers for the new machine available to the UR process.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello MikeUF,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Disk Backup Software.

Please have a look at this post explaining the main principles of Acronis Universal Restore, and addressing the mouse/keyboard issue as well.

Please notice that you can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.