Usage of TI 8 (not server) with Dell Blade Server 1655MC

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Macca, Nov 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macca

Macca Registered Member

Hi

I use TrueImage 8 on a Dell PowerEdge 2650 no problem but cannot browse the network when i use the recovery CD on my Dell PE 1655MC blade chassis servers. They do use very different methods of networking but my question is, do any releases work with these servers (they use embedded Broadcom NetXtreme 100\1000 cards)? Is it possible to manually update the network driver list on the the Rescue cd and resave it using WinISO or something?

Thanks in advance, your product is so much better than many other imaging apps i have used.
    Ta
    Macca

2. mansfieldweb

mansfieldweb Registered Member

Unlike the support!

3. bigfatdonny

bigfatdonny Guest

Can support get back on this? I'm trying out Acronis True Image Enterprise Server, and am encountering this exact issue. Support attention would be greatly appreciated.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bigfatdonny,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Acronis Bootable CD created with the latest build of Acronis True Image Enterprise Server should work normally with your network card. Could you please describe whether you are able to see the "Computers near me" icon when you boot the computer with Acronis Bootable CD?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. bigfatdonny

bigfatdonny Guest

Ilya -

When I boot a Dell Poweredge 1655MC with a Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit NIC, no computers appear under "Computers Near Me". If I enter a valid UNC path, (e.g. \\server\share), the location is not found.

It would appear that if I have a DHCP server on this network segment, it would pull an IP address. However, I don't have a DHCP server on this network segment. When I attempt to manually set a TCP/IP configuration in the "Options" menu, my changes are not saved. I can enter in all the information, but when I return to that section everything I entered is gone, and I have no network connectivity.

Any thoughts?

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bigfatdonny,

Could you please make sure Acronis Bootable CD was created with the latest build (115:cool:. If not please download the latest build and create new Acronis Bootable CD using it. This should solve the problem. If not please contact support@acronis.com concerning this issue. We will certainly help you.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

7. bigfatdonny

bigfatdonny Guest

Ilya -

Thanks for the response. I am using version 1158. I went ahead and emailed support. Thanks for all your help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.