Uploading Zip's to Mediafire not working

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by GMANLS20, Apr 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMANLS20

GMANLS20 Registered Member

Hi all,

Previous to installing Smart Security v4 I could upload zip files to Mediafire with no problems.

Now if I try to upload it goes from 0% to 100% in a split second when in fact there is no way I could upload a 12mb zip file in that time. It sits at 100% but never completes.

If I upload a .jpg file it works fine. If I rename the zip file it doesn't work either. I'm sure Smart Security must be scanning and preventing the file from being uploaded. I've tried to disable the firewall/real time file protection and AV/AS but it make no difference.

I'm sure if I un-install the software it will work again but I obviously don't want to do that. Anyone seen this, anyone have a fix?

TIA

Gary

2. GMANLS20

Grrr so close!

As a workaround I tried disabling the various parts of ESET by right clicking on the system tray icon but it made no difference.

I've since gone into the advanced setup and turned off protocol filtering and Web access protection and the file uploads like it should do (i.e the progress bar) so I thought the problem was solved. But part of the Mediafire upload process is a verification stage, it gets stuck there now and never moves on :(

So close.. but still not got it. Anyone any ideas? I can live with a temp workaround like this, but not uninstalling the whole product!

3. GMANLS20

Apologies for asking, but with this being an official forum is it moderated/viewed by support staff?

What I'm getting at is.. should I raise this as a trouble ticket it or can I assume someone could look at and resolve this via this forum?

TIA

4. kurganxy

kurganxy Registered Member

Ive been having this same problem. I used to get it with kaspersky as well, but all i had to do was disable it and it would work again. I cant figure out how to fix this in ESS. I may have to go back to kaspersky cause i upload alot to mediafire, and its really getting on my nerves that i have to use the basic uploader and even that only works some of the time. Ive noticed that it does the same thing with other flash based uploaders as well.

5. GMANLS20

I've fixed it.. or a work around at least... as the thread didn't get much attention I didn't bother (until now) post up the fix.

Go into Advanced Setup
    - Web access protection
    - HTTP,HTTPS - Remove (for now) 80, 8080 click ok

Protocol Filtering
    - Untick Enabled application protocol content filtering

Web Access Protection
    - Enable web access protection (should already be unticked/greyed out)

I was able to upload to media fire (and others) ok with that but with mediafire had to use the basic file upload which was no bother really

HTH

6. Transsive

Transsive Registered Member

Yes, this thing bugged me so much.

I disabled HTTP checking and now upload progresses are displayed correctly.

(yahoo messenger, photobucket...)

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.