Upgrades and Renewals.....

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Sting23ray, Nov 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sting23ray

Sting23ray Registered Member

Im sorry if my questions are a bit basic, however I'm a newbie here....
    I am about to get a 2 year license of ESET Smart security....

1. If in this time frame, a better version/engine of the product is released, will I be upgraded for free? Or will I be stuck with this current version of ESET smart security?

2. Are the renewals offered at the same rate as new purchases? or are current customers offered a discount when their licenses are up for renewals?

I really appreciate all the help :)

2. reevesloh

reevesloh Registered Member

1.Yup,u can upgraded for free u just nid key in your username and password in better version 2.Price also remain same for renewals if ESET doesn't decrease the price or doing some kind of event

3. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

To add a little more Newbie info: The Free Definition updates and Module updates (Rt Clk the Eye- see "About") within an ESS Ver happen Automatically IF YOU set it up that way.

When ESET updates an entire ESS Version you'll Uninstall the current Ver via Start/Programs/ESET.... and Download/Install the New Ver using Your User ID/Password issued at Purchase.

Current Settings can be Exported to a Folder You create and Imported back after the New Ver is installed. All of this is covered in the original purchase $$ Until the License Expires.

Who knows about Renewal Price rise-fall but you may even be willing to pay more after you've used and evaluated this Pkg Vs others.

4. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello Sting23ray,

Renewal pricing may vary based upon your region. North American renewal prices and information can be found at the following page:
    http://www.eset.com/purchase/renewals.php

If you have purchased ESET Smart Security, you can download and use any one of our released versions (4.0 or 3.0). This is also true for other ESET security products (i.e. a ESET NOD32 Antivirus user can use versions 4.0, 3.0 or 2.7). As an owner of ESET Smart Security you also have the choice to any of the ESET Smart Security versions or any of the ESET NOD32 Antivirus versions. This only applies to those who have purchase a license for ESET Smart Security and you are limited to the number of licenses that you have purchased.

I apologize for the drawn out explanation and hope this has helped.

Thank you,
    Richard

5. Sting23ray

Sting23ray Registered Member

Thanks alot guys.... all my questions have been answered. i appreciate the help :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.