Upgrade to new version

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Arctic, Nov 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Derek

You could try doing as we are advising everyone. Install and leave in learning mode and run the programs you want protected. This way PG will set the protections for you. Yes otherwise you will have to do as you said, but note this still wouldn't full get you there do to added features such as protection from accessing physical memory and also the learn mode of the Secure Message Handling. It really would be worth your time to read the help file first.

Pete

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Derek, Your old V2 files are not compatible. Version 3 has a very much improved learning mode which works after you first install and takes the pain out of guessing the correct flags to apply.
    Nearly every feature under the bonnet of V3 has been changed and been enhanced.
    You could certainly print out your V2 protection list but much of the information within it will be irrelevant for Version 3.
    You will probably do some fine tuning, as we all do but most of the hard work is done for you.
    Take a time to read the new help file which is available as a separate download and read the installation instructions, take particular note of Secure Message Handling which replaces the older and far less robust Close Message Handling.

HTH Pilli

3. Derek G

Derek G Registered Member

Migration of PGGUARD.DAT and PGHASH.DAT

Thanks to Pilli and Pete. You're absolutely right, I need to read the new help file, but at least you've confirmed there's no quick fix. The improved learning mode may well be my best-friend for this conversion to PG 3.050, so I'll give it a try at the weekend. Thanks again.

Derek G

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.