Updating Windows clients from Linux server

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by FatOldSun, Feb 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FatOldSun

FatOldSun Registered Member

I have installed NOD32 2.51 on Windows XP clients which do not have internet access. I have also installed the Linux file server version 2.06 which uses the nod32_update script to download updates when available. I have set up a mirror folder in /home/public/NOD32/mirror, and all PC's have read/write access to this folder through Windows Explorer.

I have configured the NOD32 clients, adding the server \\servername\public\NOD32\mirror, which for some reason changes all the \'s to /'s. I have set in LAN settings to use the current user account. In the username and password boxes I have also specified the current user's username and password, using the form DOMAIN/user.

When I press Update, nothing happens. In the log file, I get
    Time Module Event User
    02/02/2006 20:23:30 Update Update attempt failed (Update file download failed.) PAUL\Paul

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? If you're wondering why I only have 2.06 on the server, it's because the license file doesn't seem to work on 2.51 on Linux. Thanks. Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.