Updating SpywareGuard 2.2

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by ?Eastrebel2004, Aug 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've had SpywareGuard 2.2 for some time now and I notice that the definitions file is dated 1/22/04 (ie January 22 2004). I regularly click for an upgrade with the constant answer 'your definitions are up to date'. Surely 8 months is a long time since the last definitions update? Every other spyware product, including SpyWareBlaster, updates much, much more frequently!

2. lskdfjsdkl

lskdfjsdkl Guest

Live Update isn't working for me at all.
    It gets an unrecognized response from the server (after about 2 min of waiting), then says it going to download def1.dtb, then just sits there...forever.

3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hi Eastrebel, and welcome to Wilders! You do have the latest update. If you read here you will see why SpywareGuard updates infrequently - it uses heuristics.

Was that you posting with the very strange name also or...o_O

4. Hi DETOX

Thanks for that reply. I did assume as much though it's not entirely clear from the Javacool website.

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.