Updates

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by rodelz, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodelz

rodelz Registered Member

About every 2-3 weeks NOD32 won't update. I have to go to each computer with the problem and follow the recommended procedure to get things running again. By recommended procedure (KB Solution ID: SOLN2134, KB Solution ID: SOLN2206). I may be imagining things but the update seems to stop when trying to download the em002_32 file. Thanks!

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What error message do you get in the event log? (ideally with debug logging verbosity enabled).

3. rodelz

rodelz Registered Member

Don't see any errors in event viewer. The most recent error given by nod32 on the client machine is "Unidentified server response". Another message given occasionally is that ESET is up-to-date even though it's 2 weeks out of date. This varies from computer to computer. I know this is rather vague.

4. rodelz

rodelz Registered Member

It seems like all I have to do is copy over the em002_32.dat and ESET will update. Just don't understand why I have to do this periodically. Thanks!

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you update from a mirror via http, try updating via Windows shares instead on the problematic computers to see if the problem goes away. Otherwise we'd need to get a pcap log from Wireshark with the http communication captured at the moment the error occurs.

6. rodelz

rodelz Registered Member

I am not using a mirror server at the moment. I had the same problem with the mirror server in that sometimes it would update and sometimes not. Again it always seems to hang at the em002_32 download. I will try wireshark and see what I can get. I have used wireshark before but am nowhere close to being an expert in using it.

7. rodelz

rodelz Registered Member

I have a capture for you. Where do I send it? Thanks again.

8. rodelz

rodelz Registered Member

It appears the ttl is too low (wireshark says 2). Don't know how to change that.

9. rodelz

rodelz Registered Member

Guess this question is closed. It seems the ttl is too low. It appears that low setting is coming from ESET. I only have a ttl problem with ESET updates and no other. Thanks for your responses though!

10. rockshox

rockshox Registered Member

We also switched from Symantec to ESET and also run a scan at 12:00pm on Fridays. We have received some complaints about it from users, however every complaint we have had has been in reference to the "Internet is slow". If your setup was like ours, the old Symantec we were using wasn't scanning web traffic at all, while ESET is. That seems to be the only complaint we get is when the scan engine is running, web pages clearly are slower to load. In that case we tell them to quit surfing the Internet, and go to lunch. :)

11. rodelz

rodelz Registered Member

I've debated about the web scanning. Hate to disable that feature. And you are right about the web surfing! Still the problem seems to be with one update file in particular and I don't seem to have a clue why. Except the ttl and I don't know how to fix that either. I'm on a roll here. Thanks!

12. rodelz

rodelz Registered Member

How did you know we switched from Symantec to ESET? :)

13. rockshox

rockshox Registered Member

14. rodelz

rodelz Registered Member

I've set up a mirror server using iis. As long as the update server actually updates I think this will work. During busy hours trying to update the server it gets "download inturruped" errors or "bad_reply" errors. But it does update overight. So far. Thanks for all the responses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.