Updates to Spywareblaster and Firewall

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by evollbach, Jul 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evollbach

evollbach Registered Member

I just downloaded and installed Spywareblaster. I wasn't sure if an update was necessary right away, but I did one just in case. At least, I tried to do one. It wouldn't get update information. It gave possible reasons, but I'm thinking the problem may be my firewall.

I have a firewall in PC-cillin Internet Security. Anyone else find that particular firewall interfering with Spywareblaster updates? I know it's possible to write exceptions. And adding exceptions to the list is easy. But writing them isn't. I have no idea what to write. Anyone who has that firewall, did you write an exception?

Or should I just uninstall Spywareblaster?

Beth

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi Beth. :)

Welcome to Wilders.

Try going into your Spywareblaster interface and selecting Updates>Options then one of the selections(alternatives) for downloading updates.

Let us know it it worked.

snowbound

3. evollbach

evollbach Registered Member

Thanks! I didn't realize I needed to select the correct type of connection. I did, and now it told me I'm up to date. Beth

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Glad u got it working. :)

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.