Updates seem to have stopped

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Kathy123, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy123

Kathy123 Registered Member

Hello

I have just joined the forum and hope someone may have an answer for me.

I have had NOD 32 v 2.7 for about 9 months and my renewel is due in March 2008.

Now for some reason the updates have stopped, my desktop last updated on 14/12/2007 and my laptop last updated on 10.12.2007.

When I try to manually update the message comes up that no update is necessary.

Anybody had problems like this?

I have been in touch with eset and had a reply but waiting for further information

Only thing is I have upgraded my broadband from 1 meg to 2 meg recently, can this have a bearing on it?

Many thanks for any replies

Kathy

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Reinstall your programs and replace them with the newest versions -> v3
    http://www.eset.com/products/index.php
    http://www.eset.com/support/

1. Download fresh new Eset v3 product from http://www.eset.com/download . Make sure that you choose the correct version.
    2. Uninstall your current version from Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs
    3. Reboot the computer when prompted
    4. Delete manually :
    %ProgramFiles%\ESET

5. Reinstall your ESET smart protection with the file you just downloaded . Use typical install.

3. Kathy123

thanks for this info - I will let you know how I get on with it

Kathy

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome . Keep the forum informed :thumb:

5. appster

appster Registered Member

@HiTech boy, your inital reply prompts the question - is there an update issue with the last build (39) of v2.7?

And while on the subject, are there issues using v2.7 (build 39) with Vista?

6. Gren

Gren Registered Member

I'm still using 2.7 with Vista (and will do until posts on this forum persuade me otherwise) and have no problems.

Malware database is still updating as normal too. BY sheer coincidence my license finishes in March 08 too so that can't be it either :p

7. Kathy123

Further to this I have now managed to update to version 3 and see how it goes.

Many thanks for your help

Kathy:)

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome , Kathy :thumb:

9. Kathy123

Since updating to v.3 the updates seem to be working Feel a bit more secure now.

Thanks

Kathy

10. tknterry

tknterry Registered Member

Hmmm, I have NOD32 Ver 2.7 also. My updates continue regularly. The last one from my log is:
    12/23/2007 7:57:19 AM Kernel The virus signature database has been successfully updated to version 2744 (20071223).
    I'm not planning on going to Version 3 since it has been reported to interfere with personal firewalls.

11. rxtian

rxtian Registered Member

On my three home computers, the auto update stopped working Dec 23rd to Dec.26th. Versions were stuck on 2744, 2749, and 2759 at a time when NOD was currently at 2761.

One computer did update manually, one computer updated manually when I switched servers back and forth, one computer wouldn't update at all.

I'm happy to say, that since last night (Jan 2nd), all three computers are updating automatically once again.

12. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Yeah that's it, KILL the v2 servers, that's one sure way to get everyone on using v3, LOL....

Does anyone smell a conspiracy? j/k, but it would be one hell of an effective means of getting v2 done and over with. :D

13. noway

noway Registered Member

This is a good example why it would be good to be able to go to the web site and manually download updates if needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.