Updater downloaded 1.7MB but only 100kB was really updated?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by strwberryiqourcake, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strwberryiqourcake

strwberryiqourcake Registered Member

I use Nod32 v4 and just updated the signature database an hour ago. I saw it downloaded 1.7 megabytes worth of updates. But when I did a search for which files were updated. Only three files (em002_32, em009_32, m002_64) were modified. And of those files in total only 100kb was modified. Why is that. I'm just curious.

When I look in the action-center of Nod32 4 under help/about I see only the virus signature databas has been updated. Nothing else. Isn't that strange?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

There was an update of SysInspector module 4 days ago so I guess you haven't updated for some time and the updates have accumulated in the mean time.

3. strwberryiqourcake

strwberryiqourcake Registered Member

Thank you for takign the time to reply.

Under Nod32/about I see The sysinspector module is version is still: 20120223

However The previous time I updated was 02-28-2012 and yesterday 03-08-2012. So it would've been updated already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.