updated, now shutting down

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by horsetags1, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. horsetags1

horsetags1 Registered Member

Hi
    I have version 7 and build 541 and downloaded the spyware update.
    I installed it and re ran the program. The spy detected started running and then i got a runtime error from microsoft visual c++ saying privacyexpert.exe has requested runtime to terminate in an unusual way. It does this every time now. I know i have something on my compluter as it showed at least one thing befor it shut down the first time.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Paul

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. emiskaye

emiskaye Registered Member

What is the Solutiono_Oo_Oo_O?

Irina,

I have the same problem. How come after I loaded the latest spyware defintions, I keep getting runtime error when I run PE? It just won't work. I made sure that I have latest updates. The program announces a runtime error and then freezes.

Forums work a lot better when the solution is posted. I saw some other postings which hint at similar problems, they say you guys provided a solution.........well why don't you say what that is?? So far I am not impressed with the this product and find the documentation and support to be VERY WEAK!!!!!

msk

4. Acronis Support

Re: What is the Solutiono_Oo_Oo_O?

Hello emiskaye,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Internet Privacy and Antispyware Software.

We regret to inform you that we do not support Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 7.0 any longer because this version is very old. Please download free trial version of Acronis Privacy Expert 8.0 from our site to make sure there is no problem with it. The upgrade to the full version of Acronis Privacy Expert 8.0 is available at our on-line store.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. TravisT

TravisT Registered Member

Irina-

I am having the same problem...

I originally purchased PES 2003 (build211)... Worked fine
    Updated to 7.0.512... Worked fine
    Updated to 8[1]0... Worked fine

Had to reformat computer roughly 3 months ago and the only thing new I did was update Norton Internet Security...

After that I could not install Ver 8 or 7 without getting a security error and automatic shut down to protect system...

I could install PES 2003, but when I run full system clean-up the system shuts down @ step 6 and I get the same quick error flash before shut-down...

I can't capture that screen and I can't capture the Microsoft XP error report that they want me to send to them...

Microsofts help page says that the highest probability is a driver conflict... :'(

6. Acronis Support

Hello TravisT,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Internet Privacy and Antispyware Software.

Please do the following in order to enable mini-dumps:

- Open Computer properties either by right clicking on My Computer icon and choosing Properties or by opening System properties in Control Panel;
    - Go to Advanced tab;
    - Press Startup and Recover Settings button;
    - Choose Small memory dump in Write debugging information box;
    - Close all the dialog windows by clicking OK buttons.

Then please reproduce the system crash and send the mini-dumps created to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. This will allow us to investigate the problem thoroughly. To reproduce the crash please install the latest build of Acronis Privacy Expert 8.0.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

7. TravisT

TravisT Registered Member

Irina-

Where do I find the memory dump information?

When the crash occurs my computer defaults to a dos window, and then the computer shuts down, supposedly to protect the system...

I'm assuming I can call up the memory dump info after a rebooto_O

8. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

the file is memory.dmp and located in ur windows (winnt if win2k) directory/folder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.