Update version

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by RufGliss, Apr 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RufGliss

RufGliss Registered Member

I currently am running ver. 6.0.308.0. I click check for updates shows new version. I click install, opens windows installer then gets error installing.
    If I download it and install offline. My question is do I have to uninstall my current eset to install the updated version??

I just renewed my license and had trouble as the last 4 years activating.
    I already cleared cash, restarted. Still get error. I hate every time I renew license or update product version , it never goes smooth.

Thanks

2. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hello RufGliss

What is the name/text of the error message you receive? Could it be errro 2878?

Have a nice day, have to run now, regards Janus

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If offline installation via an msi file ends with an error, generate install logs as per the instructions here, upload the logs to a safe location and PM me the download link.

4. encus

encus Registered Member

If you update the product via main GUI, just follow the instructions and no need to uninstall the old version.
    If you update the product via offline installer, then it will be best to uninstall the old version and perform a clean install.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.