Update shorting on NOD32 trial!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by rjbsec, Jul 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjbsec

rjbsec Registered Member

I have 5 days left on my NOD32 trial, as shown in the screen capture.
    However, as shown in the 2nd screen capture, a warning message says I've used it for more than 30 days and so can't update it!
    Is this normal?

Attached Files:

2. rjbsec

rjbsec Registered Member

2nd image:-

Attached Files:

3. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Maybe you uninstalled a previous trial, then installed it again?
    I did that when I was trying it out, and the 30-day counter was reset back to 30.

4. rjbsec

rjbsec Registered Member

Nope, I previously tied KAV and then switched to the NOD32 trial to compare the two.

5. rjbsec

rjbsec Registered Member

Well at least it prompted me to make a decision!
    I got fedup with Norton Internet Security and so decided to trial some alternatives - having tried KAV 5.0 I must say that I liked many of its features and was impressed by its test results. However I was concerned by some install problems, (loss of Internet connection etc) and a clear lack of support as evidenced at the KAV forum, where one or two volunteer members seem to handle support issues!
    By contrast NOD32 has worked almost flawlessly just quietly doing its job and not hassling me so it is the one that caused me less hassle that won this particular trial.

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

And that decision is? ;) :D

Cheers :D

7. rjbsec

rjbsec Registered Member

o_O
    {rjbsec wanders off into the sunset, kicking stones, wondering why he fails to make himself understood!}

8. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

rjbsec,

I'm glad you decided to join the ever growing number of NOD32 users - and welcome to Wilders by the way! ;)

With regards to your post and it not being "understood" - I think you'll find that many people "scan-read" when viewing forum posts - I know that I had to read your post a third time to get the full meaning ... obviously I wasn't alone.... I will often compose a post, read it... re-read it... change a few things and then post it... my initial thoughts aren't sometimes the way I FINALLY decide to publish them... generally, I give thought to "how will someone read this if they are not really paying attention... "

It might help to think simpler... and without wishing to start a flame war, also working on the principle that many people reading your posts are not going to be native to an english speaking country - ie, english might be their second, or third language... even those aussies with their 'strine.... ;) (jk bs!)

hth

Greg

9. rjbsec

rjbsec Registered Member

Yes Greg - good point, my response was "tongue-in-cheek" ... then again that'll probably confuse the issue even more :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.