update of Spyblaster program

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by trombonneh, Jan 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trombonneh

trombonneh Registered Member

I am not sure I am in the right forum to write this, however, I have downloaded the Spyblaster program and am trying to get an update but I get a message saying that it cannot update this. I haven't done anything specific. I have tried to uninstall & reinstall but no change.
    Can someone help ?
    thanks
    Anne

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi trombonneh,

Welcome at Wilders. :)

Do you have version 2.6.1 of SpywareBlaster?

If so check this post on how to update manually:
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=12266

After doing that try the "Look for updates" again. If you get anything different from "No updates available" could you give us the exact error.

Regards,

Pieter

3. Anne

Anne Guest

Dear Pieter,

thank you for your prompt reply !! Appreciated. :D Indeed I have the version you indicated 2.6.1

I have to say that I have tried to perform the downlaods you told me but I have some trouble replacing the manual downloaded files with the one already saved by default.

However, here is the message I get when I try to update :

"There was an error getting the update infor file from the server. The server may be temporarily unavailable or there may be a conflict of interest on your PC. The update info file may have also gotten corrupted during download. Please try again soon.".

I have to say that I have downloaded the Spybot program and unfortunately I have changed the skin appearance and since then I can only run the Spybot program with no more access to the settings and various menus functions either.

thanks for your help ..

Anne

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Anne,

We eliminated the possibility of a corrupted file by replacing the manually. What is left is that your computer can not contact the website. Are you running a firewall?

Regarding Spybot S&D. Click Start > Programs > Spybot Search & Destroy > Spybot S&D (advanced mode)
    That should give you access to the settings options.

Regards,

Pieter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.