Update Message vs. Update Message

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by fuess, May 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fuess

fuess Registered Member

Hello,

my Privacy Expert 8.0 ( Build 788 ) complains not to be the actual release any more but refuses to upgrade. A message box tells me to urgently get the most actual "TODO"-Release for security reasons.

When I search the Acronis Website for this urgent upgrade, Acronis tells me in a message, that there is nothing for me to do. Everything's fine.

I cannot get any maleware updates from out of the software, because of my old software. I am confused.

What didn't I check here? Can anybody give me a hint on that?

fuess

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello fuess,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Internet Privacy and Antispyware Software.

Please do the following to get the latest build:

- Go to the Updates section of Acronis web site.

- Enter your registration e-mail and password. If you forgot your password, please follow this link.

- Download the latest available build of your Acronis product.

If you have not registered your product on our web site yet, we recommend to do it in order to receive free updates and technical support.

- Choose Product registration.

- Enter the serial number for your Acronis product in the corresponding field.

- With your product registered, you will have access to the latest build at Product updates.

Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

If it does not make clear the situation then please submit a request for technical support. Attach the information about your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.) to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. fuess

fuess Registered Member

Yes, thank you,

I did all those steps before as I found this text in another thread. And as I told before, there is nothing to do for me on the download section. But the software is still complaining that is is to old requiring to be updated at once.

In my understanding I should do the following:
    Go to acronis website and download the version 9 and pay for it.

Is that what you want me to do?

fuess

4. Acronis Support

Hello fuess,

Most likely your Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 8.0 license has expired. Please be aware that Acronis Privacy Expert has the subscription based licensing and the subscription expires in 12 months. This means that each 12 months the user has to renew the license in order to be able to continue using the product and to receive free updates for the software.

We would like to recommend you to purchase a new license. You can purchase the new license at our online store.

Please do not forget to register the serial number you will be provided with after the purchase at our web site in order to receive free updates.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

5. fuess

fuess Registered Member

Kirill,

thank you.
    But I did register and my license starts in Nov 2005. Inside my profile I said to be noticed when there is a product update or a critical update. I never got such a notification from my Acronis Privacy Expert Suite Personal (German).

Neverthenless my software complains to be to old one each start of a scheduled maleware upgrade process.

So I decided to install the 9.0 and to see what happens.
    This one didn'd work as well, as it first wants to get the 8.0 kicked of my harddisc. So i did him the favor, but guess what, the 8.0 regrets to be deinstalled. Not possible it says. LOL. So I did the hard way and deleted the files and also the registry section.

Now the 9.0 was lucky and starts the installation. But only until the prozess reaches 99%. then it decided after a while to cancel the installation and runs backwards until zero and tells me to try it again. I tried and registered about 10 times with Acronis Online.

At the end I do have nothing. No 9.0 and even no more 8.0. I upgraded to nothing. Maybe this is the best solution from this point of view.

If you can help me I will be looking forward in not getting another Template Text posted here. I need some real anwers.

All the best to you from
    fuess, germany

6. Acronis Support

Hello fuess,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

As far as I understand, you have the personal version of Acronis Privacy Expert Suite and now you are trying to install the free trial version of Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 9.0. Please be aware that you are not able to download free updates for the full version of the software in case you own a personal version.

In order to receive free updates you should have the full version which you can purchase at our online store. After that please follow the steps from my first post in this thread in order to register the full version. After that you will be able to download free updates for the software.

If you want us to investigate the issue with the trial version intallation process then please do the following:

- Launch the product installation file;

- Right-click on the "Install Acronis Privacy Expert Suite" button and select "Extract";

- Select the path for extracting the component and click "Save";

- Go to the Run prompt (Start -> Run) and issue the following command:

msiexec /i msi-name /l*v log-name

Where msi-name is the name of the file you extracted in steps 2-3 and log-name is the path and the name to the log file you want to save the output to;

- Reproduce the problem and collect the log file created during the installation.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected installation log file to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.