Update Issues on W2K3 Box

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by bignath, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bignath

bignath Registered Member

Hey guys..

Got an issue at one of my sites I manage in Vietnam.

I have an 11 PC site license running in mirrored mode (for obvious reasons) but the automatic updates fail on the mirror pc constantly. However, if I manually update it works fine.

Any ideas ??

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello bignath,

Is the mirrior through ERA or through client? Also, are you using 2.7 or 3.0?

Thank you,

Richard

3. bignath

Hey Richard,

Doing it through the client becuase ERA didnt seem to do the job.

3.0 is the version set too.

Its weird becuase the exact same setup is working a treat in my brisbane deployment but just not in our vietnam office.

Only difference is that they are different users/pass.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Nath

4. Rmuffler

Are you using HTTP for the updates or a shared directory? Are you using IP address or UNC name for server address?

For a quicker solution and direct contact with a Support Engineer you can submit a support request by giving us your information here. As of right now there are multiple factors that can be causing this problem.

5. bignath

Hey mate..

Yeah using HTTP with a direct IP.

The problem isnt the clients updating.. The clients are updating fine against the mirror, its the mirror itself that isnt updating.

Keeps coming up with an error with the password which is why I thought I would try here first to see if anyone had any ideas before i bothered the engineers.

I hate it when people contact me without checking first thats all.

I have the scheduler just on the default update, so not hitting the Eset radius box often enough to flag the username.

Any other ideas ??

6. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

did you try to empty the mirror folder? i would delete all files and folders there. what does the log say?

7. Rmuffler

Perform an uninstall, delete the ESET folder and the mirror folder. Then reinstall. If this does not work then the next step would be for our Customer Care Engineers to take a look at this issue and your log file. We will definitely be happy to help you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.