Update 2475 Blocks Network

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by crummock, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crummock

crummock Registered Member

Well update 2475 just installed and completely blocked the network.

As soon as the pop up notified me that 2475 had been installed the network stopped.

The firewall log had entries referring to to 'Arp Cache Poisoning' and ' DNS Cache Poisoning'

Disabling the firewall allowed normal traffic again and a reboot allowed normal usage again.

I guess something other than virus definitions were in this update.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Nothing in NOD32 . Restart the computer to see what happens - just try

3. crummock

As I said before, I did indeed restart the PC to fix the issue after prooving it was ESS firewall blocking.

It has to be the 2475 update that caused the issue because i was working constantly on teh PC connected to network resources and it stopped responding precisely as the update was applied.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I am sorry , I didn't notice the word "reboot" ;)

5. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

no such problem here with 2475

Ruben

6. crummock

I should have said my system was Vista Ultimate 32 bit. I may make a difference.

7. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

might not be anything to do with the update, the firewall is very flakey and unpredictable... like the past week i couldnt get my xbox360 streaming working, and for no reason today it works (dont know for how long though) also today i cant browse workgroups.. (but can browse network shortcuts) i just cant predict what it will do.

i guess is one of the reasons beta2 is taking so long, is the firewall problems, maybe even rewriting from scratch (hopefully) ;)

8. crummock

Maybe the changes in todays updates are what caused my short term problem and fixed the xbox issue .

9. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

nope definition updates wouldnt do that (as far as im aware)
    just flakey/unreliable/buggy firewall

10. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Yes, we have released a fix for that issue.

11. crummock

I agree that purely virus definitions would not cause the issue but Eset do release updates to the other modules as part of the automatic updates I believe and they may cause issues.

It would seem from the post by Marcos that they have modified the firewall today so I suspect that was what caused my issue.

Just to make it clear I am not complaining just reporting events. It is beta software so we have to expect some odd behaviour.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2007
  12. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

rebooted and xbox can lo longer see server again, good to see they fixed your issue.. hopefully upnp serving soon

13. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

Somehow this ess works different than nod32 -I have set it to be asked about program updates, but I did never get a notice about, not even when update visibly was very big

Ruben

14. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

same here wasnt notified about program update.. also in log/events there is nothing about it, only about definition updates

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.