unused disk space

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by NoGuru, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoGuru

NoGuru Registered Member

Yesterday I used TrueImage (8.0) for the first time, placing a whole disk image onto my newly installed second hard drive. I was surprised to find that the entire 28 GB included 19 GB of free space had been "imaged." I had expected the image to include only the used 9 GB. Is there a way to do that?

2. boejoe

boejoe Registered Member

The unused space is part of a partition's image and unless you specifically request a different destination partition size than the original one, you are supposed to get exact images of the original source partitions of that drive. Besides, you could not even use your partition unless you have some minimum size of unused space for temp. files, swaps, etc.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello NoGuru --

Actually, the unused space shouldn't be imaged as Acronis True Image 8.0 backs up only the data. Please, can you re-try to create an image and check the image size. If it is bigger, then the space that data takes on your drive, please report that.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.