Unknown open port - please advise

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by jam823, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jam823

jam823 Registered Member

Hello,

First-time poster here. I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but...

I recently ran the security audit at auditmypc.com (2 different times, while using LooknStop and then Comodo v3 beta) and got the following result:

Type tcp
    Port 4567

"Services, Programs and Trojans that are commonly found to be running on this port. TRAM. Trojans or Viruses known to use this port are: File Nail. File Nail."

Please for forgive my ignorance, but is this something I need to be concerned about? If so, what should I do?

My system:
    Vista Home Premium
    Comodo v3-beta, default settings
    Avira Personal Premium
    DSL w/NAT router

2. FadeAway

FadeAway Registered Member

Port 4567. I'll bet you're ISP is Verizon and the router is a Westell.
    Verizon configures it that way. Anyway, you scanned your router, not your PC.
    Should be nothing to worry about. Comodo is protecting your PC,
    and port 4567 won't be open on your PC.

edit: Corrected typo

Last edited: Nov 9, 2007
  3. jam823

jam823 Registered Member

Yup, it is Verizon DSL. But it is an Actiontec gt704wg router (which I had to purchase with my DSL service). Another interesting thing, this router is preconfigured with a PING response that I can't turn off (ShieldsUp). Verizon tech support is a waste of time. Actiontec returned my email and says this is preconfigured according Verizon.

I'm considereing using Actiontec's generic flash upgrade (for this model) or getting a different router, but I'm not sure what this wil do to my DSL service. Once again Verizon+tech support = frustation and more questions than answers.

Thanks for the reply.

4. attila4000

attila4000 Registered Member

do not use generic flash upgrade. you wont be able to connect to verizon dsl. i have the exact same actiontec modem. turn the firewall on and set it to low. pinging isnt a big security threat anymore. if pinging still bothers you use the windows xp firewall to stop it.

go here for more info:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/ilec,vz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.