Universal Restore with Images Made in Home 2009?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Marpost, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marpost

Marpost Registered Member

I bought True Image Home 2009 and have been making images and it works great. However, I now learned I can't restore them on new hardware if I ever have to change motherboards. I understand that to do that requires True Image Echo Workstation with Universal Restore.

My question is, if and when I need to restore to new hardware, can I use an image created in True Image Home 2009 but use True Image Echo Workstation and Universal Restore to restore it? Or does the image have to be actually created in Echo Workstation to work?

I'm hoping that I can keep making images with Home 2009 and if and when I need to restore to new hardware, I could purchase Echo Workstation and Universal Restore at that time and restore the image made in Home 2009 to the new hardware? This would allow me to continue backing up as I am, secure that I won't have to do a clean install and try to get back all my little tweaks and settings if I ever suddenly need a new motherboard.

Or do I have to actually start making my images now in Echo Workstation? I have talked to support people about this before and got two different answers. One said it doesn't matter what program the image is made with, only which one it is restored with. The other said I have to actually make the image in Echo Workstation for it to be usable with Universal Restore. Can you please clarify this?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Marpost,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Unfortunately, Acronis True Image Home 2009 was released later than Acronis True Image Echo Workstation so it will not recognize the backups made with Acronis True Image Home 2009.

Acronis guarantees one-version-back compatibility for different versions of the same product. This means that current product version will work with backups created with one-generation-older version.

E.g. Acronis True Image Home 2009 will work with backups created by Acronis True Image 11 Home. Restoring backups created by older versions (Acronis True Image 10.0 Home and older) is also possible, but error-free data recovery is not guaranteed.

We recommend you to manage all your backups with Echo version, then you will be able to restore it.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Nikolsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.