Universal Restore troubles

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by azymux, May 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. azymux

azymux Registered Member

I have two copies of Acronis True Image Workstation 9.1 (build 3887) and two copies of Acronis Universal Restore. I have installed both pieces of software onto my machine (obviously only one copy of each..). I created a bootable CD with the Universal Restore option selected. When I boot the machine, I select the option that says Acronis True Image Workstation with Universal Restore (Full version). When I go through Recovery and restore the image, I am never presented with the option to use Universal Restore. Even the title of the screen says Universal Restore at the top of the screen.

This is a fresh install of Acronis Workstation & Universal Restore onto my machine, so there is no possibility that a previous version is conflicting with this install as suggested in some other threads.

I am able to restore the image successfully on identical hardware to the image and it works fantastic. When I try to use a server that is one generation older, the Windows 2003 system fails due to what I believe is the RAID controller driver. Without the use of the Universal Restore, I'm pretty much stuck.

The environment is an IBM x235 server with an Acronis image of Windows 2003 Standard Server edition on a DVD. The original image was captured from an IBM x236 server with roughly the same configuration. Obviously there are some driver differences between the two generations.

Since our copies were purchased through my company, I had to register a new account on the Acronis website. I am still waiting for my confirmation email so that I can actually submit a trouble ticket through support (and this was submitted a while ago, twice). I have captured a sysinfo.txt file as the stickied thread requests, but until I have access to the official Acronis site, it's pretty useless. After reading through the forums a bit, it seems like this is a pretty common problem (getting Universal Restore to appear).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do in the meantime?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello azymux,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please check your spam folders to make sure the confirmation e-mail didn't get there by mistake. If you are still unable to find it, please submit a request for technical support via this form.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.