Universal Restore on TI-Server Build 3920

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Robi, May 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robi

Robi Registered Member

Hi all,
    I've just downloaded the TI-Server build 3920 from acronis download page as a licensed user. I also downloaded the universal restore package.
    1) then I installed both on a new testserver.
    2) created a DR CD with universal restore on it
    3) made a image to a ftp server on the local net
    4) replaced the harddisk on my testserver with new ones
    5) reboot the testserver with the DR CD
    6) tried to recover the system from the ftp server to my testsystem

Errors:
    - I didn't get the universal resore screen during the restore session
    - in a second test I tried to restore to other harddisk which had old partitions on it. Acronis TI told my that old partitions exist, if it should delete these. I
    told the system yes to delete the old partitons. Acronis TI hangs on this stage.

Has someone tried this version ?
    Does Acronis have some idea what's wrong ( as far as my expierence tells me there's no idea from acronis).

regards robi

2. VolkerNadolski

VolkerNadolski Registered Member

Hi

I have the same problems with build 3920 and UR. Acronis support is working on it. It seems to be a problem with the new linux-kernel.

Have you tried to backup with the Recovery-CD? My system reboots immediately. Do you have the same problem too?

Greetings

Volker

P.S.: I'm using the german version.

3. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

They have known about this problem for over TWO months. They have done nothing to fix it and have remained totally silent on this matter in these forums. I submitted a ticktet to them over a month ago with no results.

I suggest you evaluate ShadowProtect v3, with Hardware Independent Restore.

4. Robi

Robi Registered Member

Volker and silver0066

thanks for your replay. Since this version is new, I believed that acronis
    would have donne their job.

Volker, i tried to boot with the recovery CD. The systems boots, I can choose
    the rights version of acronis etc. etc. but no universal restore window
    pops up. I will test this version "nach den Pfingstferien".

robi

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Robi,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please note that as silver0066 mentioned this issue is known and was partly fixed in the build 3920 of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows. However, as I stated in this thread <Universal Restore - dead end> (posts 16 and 17) it could be possible that for certain reasons Acronis Universal Restore option does not appear. In order to investigate the reason for this issue on your particular hardware and software environment please collect the information requested in this previous post of mine and then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

6. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

Good luck on getting any results. I spent two hours getting them the information they requested. They did not even have the courtesy to respond after a month.

Go ahead if you want to spend the time, but don't expect anything in return. They have the worst support in the software industry.

7. Robi

Robi Registered Member

Silver0066

I know that the acronis support does nothing to resolve an issue which you
    mention to them. They only ask you to send some information in, to keep
    you busy, so it seems to us that are doing something.
    I've never got an useful information from this support.

robi

8. Robi

Robi Registered Member

Aleksandr,

every time I see an answer from you or your collegs in this forum,
    it's allway the same.You write this nonesense sentence:

"In order to investigate the reason for this issue on your particular hardware and software environment please collect the information requested in this previous post of mine and then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution."

If you have no other answer, then let it be, otherwise you make us angry
    with this useless info.
    robi

9. Woj

Woj Registered Member

Hi All,

I had the same problem with TI 9.1 3920 with Universal Restore. I think that issue is related to hardware used. As Linux kernel does not have the latest drivers for the new hardware this could be an issue.

This what I did to resolve this:
    1. Installed BartPE on my machine (XP Pro).
    2. Downloaded Plugin for TrueImageServer91 from http://www.mechrest.com/plugins/ Acronis True Image Server for Windows 9.1 With or Without Universal Restore Builds 3625 and Up (DO NOT USE BartPE provided by Acronis as this will not include Universal Restore.
    3. Read the .htm file supplied with the plugin for instructions.
    4. There is a bug within AutoHelp.cmd which will not detect correctly presence of Universal Restore - it is looking for a file that does not exists. Before running AutoHelp.cmd, modify the line that relates to Universal Restore key. You should be able to work this out...
    5. Copy the TrueImageServer91 plugin to the Bart's Plugin folder.
    6. The 1 problem with Bart's PE is that it will not detect automatically SCSI or NICs. Include your drivers in the Driver folder in BartPE installation.
    7. Build an Image.
    8. Boot from the image and run Acronis. It works for me well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.