Universal Restore, hangs at boot before any drivers are loaded

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mattdk, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattdk

mattdk Registered Member

Using True Image, I have made an image of a server, and I am trying to restore the image to another server. They have different hardware. I did not install any Acronis software on the machine to be imaged before the image was made.

The new hardware stops just a few seconds into the booting progress where it usually says "Loading Windows 2003 Server... Please wait", where you also can press F8. The screen shows a white progress bar which is full or almost full, as I remember it. However, there is no text. It freezes at this point and does not change afterwards (at least for 30 minutes).

As I remember it, the crash point is where it loads the NTFS drivers, kernel etc. Therefore, I do not see that it could be caused by any device drivers.

This also happens when I restore without universal restore.
    This also happens on other hardware.

Source: Compaq evo 510
    Destination 1: Dell Dimension 1200 celeron
    Destination 2: Dell Inspiron 8200

The above mentioned hardware is for trial & testing only.

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Did you save the drivers for the destination drive and make it available for the Recovery process? During the Recovery process, did you get the screen where you have to manually select the drivers?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mattdk,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Disk Backup Software.

Please note that you should get the window of the Restore Wizard which allows you to select "Use Acronis Universal Restore" or "Do not use Acronis Universal Restore" when you boot your computer from Acronis True Image Bootable CD created with Acronis Universal Restore plug-in installed (check the chapter "Using Acronis Universal Restore" of the respective Acronis True Image User's Guide for details). Then you will be able to specify the drivers for a new hardware during the restore procedure.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.