Universal restore Dell driver error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Vambo, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vambo

Vambo Registered Member

Hi, I am trying to restore a Dell gx60 desktop to a Dell 330 Optiplex. It gets to 88% and gives the following error msg."E001D0194: Device driver PCI\VEN_8086 & DEV_27C1 & SUBSYS_02201028 & REV_01 FOR MS WINDOWS IS NOT FOUND"

How can I specify these drivers when setting up the recovery task. I have the Dell driver disk but I think I have to point Acronis to the specific drivers or can I just include the whole cd, because I cannot find the specific drivers on the cd!o_O
    Also if the drivers are already installed on the 330 do they have to be in a specific folder for Acronis to find them?
    Hope this makes sense!

Thank you
    V.

V.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Vambo,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please be aware that Acronis Universal Restore searches the Windows default driver storage folders (in the image being restored) for HAL and mass storage device drivers and installs drivers that better fit the target hardware. You can specify a custom driver location (a folder or folders on a network drive or CD) which will also be used for drivers search.

The Windows default driver storage folder is determined in the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current version\DevicePath. This storage folder is usually WINDOWS/inf.

If the target hardware has a specific mass storage controller (such as a SCSI, RAID, or Fibre Channel adapter) for the hard disk, you can install the appropriate driver manually, bypassing the automatic driver search-and-install procedure.

Please see the respective User's Guide for detailed instructions on using Acronis Universal Restore.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.