Uninstalling NOD32

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by JRCATES, Nov 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

I'm currently using ESET NOD32 version 4.2.71.2 and need to completely uninstall it. My license is valid for another 10 months or so, so I plan to re-install it later at some point. But for now, I would like to completely uninstall and remove it.

What is the best and recommended way to ensure that it has completely and thoroughly been removed? Please share as many details as possible (for example, if the protection needs to be disabled first, what the best way to do that is, if there are any necessary reboots, etc., etc.)

Thanks

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

Of course you can always use the general uninstaller by going through Start > All Programs > ESET > ESET NOD32 Antivirus > Uninstall BUT your best bet for making sure it's completely and thoroughly removed is to use the manual Uninstaller Tool here. Note, the tool has to be run while your computer is in safe mode. Everything is noted in the instructions, which would be good to print out and have next to you as you go through the steps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.