Uninstalling corrupted SpywareBlaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by vtaylor100, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vtaylor100

vtaylor100 Registered Member

I installed SWB in a computer corrupted with a virus, and the installation got corrupted. I have now cleaned up the computer and want to reinstall SWB.

I attempted to uninstall SWB but could not find it in the install/uninstall list, nor does it appear under the Programs directory, but something is remaining I fear.

I downloaded a clean version of SWB and started install. In the middle of the install process, I got the following message:

Windows\system32\mscomctl.ocx
    Unable to register the DLL/OCX
    Failure code 999 - error performing inpage operation

The install then aborts.

Any suggestions on how overcome this.

Thanks

2. vtaylor100

Solved the problem. Continued the install past the bad file; then was able to uninstall. Thanks.

3. vtaylor100

Found out ultimately that the problem was not with SWB, but with a corrupted mscomctl.ocx file. I googled and found out how to replace it and register the file. It then worked fine.

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the heads-up! :)

I can't recall ever hearing of that error message before, but I'm glad you got things working. And thanks for posting your results, in case someone encounters it in the future. :cool:

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.