Uninstalling 3.5.1

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by davecharles, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davecharles

davecharles Registered Member

Prior to installing 4.0, when trying to remove 3.5.1 I get the error message:"log file unis000.dat is in a format not recognized by this installer- cannot uninstall"

Any help? (Using Win XP)
    Thanks, Dave

2. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

You might try disabling all protection in SpywareBlaster and then reinstall the 3.5.1 version over the top of your existing installation (if you don't have a copy of the 3.5.1 installer anymore it can be found here: FileHippo - Spywareblaster 3.5.1).

Once the reinstall is complete make sure all protection is still disabled then go back into Add/Remove Programs and attempt the uninstall again. If that doesn't work just keep watching here, as javacool, or another member wiser than I, will surely be by before long to help you out.

3. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Along with what Firebytes wrote u could also attempt uninstall by going into Program Files>SpywareBlaster than click on unins000.dat.

snowbound

4. davecharles

Unfortunately, neither of the two suggestions above worked. When I reloaded 3.5.1 and tried to uninstall, the same original error message appears.

When I delete the unis000.dat file and try to uninstall, I get an error message saying that the unis000.dat file is MISSING, and cannot uninstall-

sounds like Catch-22.......o_Oo_O?

Any other ideas?
    Thanks

5. snowbound

That's because u deleted the file. Maybe i wasn't clear. U need to click on that file to uninstall. Try reinstalling SWB then follow the procedure once again. Make sure all protection is disabled before the uninstall.

snowbound

6. davecharles

Looks like that did the trick- thanks for your help.
    Dave

7. snowbound

You're welcome. :)

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.