Uninstaller Software

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DVD+R, Feb 22, 2015.

1. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

yes you can turn tracing off.

2. taleblou

its uninstalling softwares is the best around as it really does remove all left overs and more then others from my tests.

3. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

Thank you

4. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Have you compared it with CPM?

5. taleblou

well CPM does not uninstall some or well some software. Also since its an old abandoned software I never tried it on win 8.1 64bit. But in the past test on win 7 if it recognized and uninstalled a software it was excellent, but for some software it did just regular uninstall without getting rid of traces. So soft organizer is much better. Only if comodo would continue CPM development, then it would have been the best and in par with soft organizer and perhaps even better.

6. roger_m

On my laptop CPM is automatically monitoring 99% of software installs. There have probably been about two installs which were not monitored, and I think in both cases it was when a program was updating to a new version, and for some reason the install got missed. I can live with that. Every antivirus I have installed has been monitored, and that is what matters most to me.

7. phalanaxus

phalanaxus Registered Member

CPM does a fantastic job when it works. So if it is working for you, I would stick with it.

8. Ashanta

Ashanta Registered Member

Soft Organizer can it deal with those installations that required a reboot ?

9. roger_m

@phalanaxus CPM is doing an excellent job of monitoring installs, but when the database populating task runs in the background it makes my laptop freeze briefly, due to high disk usage.

Apart from that, I think CPM is amazing. But due to that issue, I am trying to find an alternative with basically the exact same functionality of CPM.

10. taleblou

don't know. never tried it to see if it deals with after reboot. Good question.

11. Ashanta

I've just compared IO Uninstaller vs Soft Organizer.

Both are the same level of tracing applications, they can left a few little leftovers. Iobit, can uninstall 'Windows Update' and can sort by 'size', Soft Organizer can't do it. Iobit is free and SO is a paid commercial software.

If you find others differences between those uninstallers, please share it here.

12. phalanaxus

Did you let SO trace the installation ?

13. Ashanta

@phalanaxus Yes, it does it jobs automatically (tracing after uninstalling programs). I forgot to mention that I made this comparison with programs that were installed before installing IObit and SO.

14. phalanaxus

By tracing I was referring to installation tracing which SO has not after install leftover scanning.

15. Compu KTed

Compu KTed Registered Member

Apparently with Comodo Programs Manager there is an inability to disable the malware check
    and applications update feature. There are no options or settings found in CPM’s program interface
    to enable, disable, or tweak these two features.

Comodo claims:
    Every time you run an installer for a program, CPM checks the installer for malware using
    Comodo’s cloud technology.

CPM has the the ability to keep your applications up-to-date using Comodo’s “constantly updated”
    database.

Can anyone verify this?

16. Ashanta

For this, you have to manually tracing, this is not an automatic tracing. As Roger, I don't want to make a snapshot for every installation.

17. phalanaxus

I was quite pessimistic too at the start but it warns when you initiate a setup and asks if I want to trace the installation. Taking the pre and after trace shot combined took about 40 secs for Win utilities, don't know if it will increase drastically with larger apps yet.

18. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

Yes, it can deal with those installations that required a reboot.

In post #199:

19. roger_m

I'm not aware of either feature.

20. Compu KTed

So your firewall is not asking for outbound connections to Comodo?

21. Ashanta

Thanks for this news. I haven't yet tried to install any apps. The uninstallation for apps without trace shot, is very short and rapid. I suppose the tracing shot lengthens the time also for uninstallation.

22. roger_m

I use Windows Firewall, so I don't get notified about outbound connections.

23. chachazz

chachazz Updates Team

32-bit - Free version only!
    Revo installs that require restart; just decline the restart request and save the install.

Revo Uninstaller Pro is fully compatible with
    32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows Server

Help file:
    RevoRestart.png

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  24. chachazz

chachazz Updates Team

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  25. Compu KTed

From article:
    http://dottech.org/26017/cleanly-un...re-installation-with-comodo-programs-manager/

Windows firewall has outbound capability starting with Vista/Windows 7 onward. You can add third-party
    software for better control.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.