Uninstaller Software

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DVD+R, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

So it's necessary for an uninstaller to dial home every 60 seconds?

I don't think so. Color me highly suspicious. At least it uninstalled properly. :thumb:

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

No, I don't know why it would be doing it so often, and every 60 seconds is certainly excessive. But, you could have always blocked the connection, and I'm sure it would have continued to work. For a free uninstaller it is excellent in my opinion - something I would not say about all of IObit's software. The link at the Malwarebytes forum showed installers from IObit being hosted at the IP address you posted.

3. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

It was blacked, that's how I found it was doing it. But I agree- it worked great when I tried it.

4. 59er

59er Registered Member

The Geek bug has been fixed:1.3.3.46 [2 April 2015] - Fixed wrong new version notification

5. chachazz

chachazz Updates Team

6. Ashanta

Ashanta Registered Member

7. roger_m

@Ashanta It doesn't work very well, see my previous post about it.

8. Adric

Adric Registered Member

Why would you not use the snapshot feature to monitor installs? Makes no sense to me not to and that's the only way I use it. TU is quite good, except for the fact (IMO) that the developer is a bit paranoid about protecting the SW. A lot of the so-called updates seem to be for that purpose only.

9. Ashanta

Ashanta Registered Member

Thank you for sharing your experience, Roger.

I've just one to add that this Smarty Uninstaller comes with a back up registry features and also, a system restore function so that you can't harm your computer.

10. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

I'm still at a loss here on what to switch to since Advanced Uninstaller seems to be installing payloads, and has nagware. Going to version 11.21 of Advanced Uninstaller was my old standby, but it seems to be breaking more and more with windows updates.

Come on guys, I'm desperate. Revo sucks, and is not an answer. Geek sucks, and rarely works right for me.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  11. phalanaxus

phalanaxus Registered Member

Try mirekusoft, Soft Organizer (there will soon be a deal on bitsdujour) or Iobit to see which works for you.

12. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

13. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

I ran some tests. Iobit didn't do nearly as well as Chemtable, and Chemtable does better than AUP as well. IObit has a habit of sending data to a couple different IP addresses, one of which is listed in some malware databases.

So it looks like I found my new uninstaller.

Thanks

14. phalanaxus

No probs. I perefer SO as paid, Iobit is the best free alternative I've found so far.

15. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

I also signed up and will see how this goes and if it truly what it says it is??
    thank you for the website and program ;)

16. roger_m

Revo and IObit also can create restore points. I don't let them create restore points, as it's quicker not to (and I uninstall a lot of software). I actually manually verify any found leftovers before deleting anything, to make sure that nothing needed gets deleted.

17. roger_m

If monitoring was completely automatic like CPM, I'd use it too. What really impressed me about CPM, was that monitoring of installs was completely automatic. You install a program and it gets monitored with no user action required. It's only natural that an uninstaller which monitors installs will find more leftovers than uninstallers which don't use monitoring.

18. roger_m

The reason I wan't using it, is that taking before and after snapshots of an install takes time. This is why I prefer uninstallers which monitor changes made during an install, rather than taking snapshots. I just used TU to monitor an installation and it added over a minute to the install time. This would probably not be an issue for a lot of people. But, it is for me as I'm install a lot of software - probably about 25 programs in the last week alone.

19. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

For those that want Soft Organizer now, I found a 60% off coupon code for lifetime license that works for all versions. Drops the family pack down to $26!

CHEM-XYNI-DQTH

How is their Reg Organizer, which comes with Soft Organizer integrated? It's only a few bucks more for that with the coupon.

20. roger_m

@Mayahana I don't recommend using Reg Organizer as it has always had issue with false positives. There is also a free version of Reg Organizer called Registry Life, which also has issues with false positives.

I even emailed the developer several months back about the false positives and didn't receive a reply.

21. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Alright, thanks. I will stick to their uninstaller - which I find excellent so far.

22. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

23. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

24. phalanaxus

Installed it on one of my computers, haven't seen any advertisement at all.

25. donaddams

donaddams Registered Member

Installed Soft Organizer free at Bits Du Jour in a VM took a snapshot before and after with SysTracer pro and did not find anything suspicious or out of the norm.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.