uninstall spyware

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by sasha, Jan 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sasha

sasha Registered Member

I have downloaded spyware and I want to uninstall it. It has created some problems I think and I want to get rid of it or do something about it. can anyone help. thankyou

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi sasha,

Please follow the instructions in this post:
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913
    to get rid of your spyware.

Regards,

Pieter

3. sasha

sasha Registered Member

hello, I have done everything that you say to do but I can't paste or copy it to you. I am having problems maybe I don't know how anyway I have tried to do this. I have scanned with ad-aware lavasoft also. I haven't done anything else I don't know what to do.

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi sasha,

Did you run HijackThis?
    After the scan a dialog box wil appear where to save the log after you click the Save log button. Just click save and a text file will appear.
    Just copy the complete content of that file and paste it into your next post.

Regards,

Pieter

5. sasha

sasha Registered Member

I don't know what I am doing wrong but whatever it is it isn't working. is there another way I can do this

6. subratam

subratam Registered Member

hi sasha...
    lets go step by step....
    1. You have downloaded Hijackthis ??
    2. If no.. please download it from here
    3.If yes open the Hijackthis program. It should come with a window with command like "scan" being at bottom of the window.
    4. Press scan button which when pressed will give you a result and itself will change to save log.
    5. Press save log which will initiate another window (notepad) where the log will be present.
    6. copy the entire content and post here

any more probz??

7. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Hi Sasha,

it seems you are having problems posting the log here?

If so,

1. Place your mouse cursor anywhere in the log text that you see in notepad

2. Press Ctrl+A (that is, while pressing the Ctrl button on the keyboard press the A button; if you do this right all the text in notepad will be highlighted)

3. Press Ctrl+C (there will be no visual indication that anything occurred as it is behind the scenes )

4. Start a reply here and place the cursor in the "Message" field on the web page

5 Press Ctrl+V (You should see all the text appear in the "Message" window

6. Click on the "Post" button on the web page

If this was not what you were having problems with or if you still have problems let us know exactly what you are doing when it seems to not work right (and describe what it does :) )

Hope this helps ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.