Uninstall Quicktime and what else (Silverlight, Java?)

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by acr1965, Apr 18, 2016.

1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I have read that Apple will no longer support Quicktime for Windows and that it should be uninstalled as a precautionary security measure. What negative drawback would happen if I uninstalled Silverlight and Java? Are there others I should uninstall that are generally found in most personal computers? I don't use any old PDF viewer (I use PDF-Xchange viewer) and I have Windows 7, 32 bit system. I am not needing info about which antivirus or firewall settings or anything like that, just what should I uninstall that is normally on most computers such as Quicktime, Java and Silverlight. I play Youtube videos and, besides that, just visit websites like facebook, twitter and read my email.

2. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

If you don't need them, Java and Silverlight should be uninstalled. For Flash you can use Click to play and latter if you see that you don't need it, uninstall or disable that also.

3. ghodgson

ghodgson Registered Member

I've never had Quicktime, Java or Silverlight on my PC, and it runs very well without them.

4. Amanda

Amanda Registered Member

Java, Flash, Silverlight, none get installed on my systems. They're not only privacy enemies (specially Flash), but most of them are also security threats.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.