Uninstall Intel My WiFi Technology without losing Wireless driver?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by wutsup, Jan 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

Hey Wilders,

My Asus laptop came with some intel wifi technology that can make your laptop a mobile acces point. When I first unboxed my laptop and proceded to uninstall on all the bloatware and accidentally uninstall this and it uninstall the wireless driver as well.

I had no internet so I had to use the recovery partition and set the laptop back to factory.

So is there anyway to uninstall this Intel My WiFi Technology without losing internet? It's disabled right now, but just for bettery security I would like to uninstall it.

2. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

You should be able to find a compatible driver on the Intel site. They usually offer 2 versions. 1 like you have installed, and 1 that is driver only. Do you know what model of wireless adapter it is?

3. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

Intel Centrino Wireless N100

4. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

Nevermind I found it on Intel's website. Thanks.

5. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

Ok so I installed the driver without that my wifi software. It was quite weird. I ran the .exe and a wireless symbol with circling green dots in the center of the screen showed up and once it was done installing the symbol just disappears and thats it.

Another thing, now I don't have the option of turning the wireless adapter on or off. Is this normal?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.